Thursday, July 26, 2007

the first post, how darling!

about an hour ago while i was sitting at my desk at work, i decided to start my own blog. i can't imagine anything is going to come of this, but it's worth a try.

basically, as i surf the internet and come across different blogs, i find there may be alot dedicated to the stylish home, there is not a whole lot on being crafty in the home. if there is, please let me know!

i decided to make HOME AID because i just starting living in my first apartment and it needs some help. so as i go along in this journey, i'm hoping this can be a place for an exchanging of ideas or just a place to post some fun things i find/do along the way.

i don't have a lot of money, so i thrive off of garage sales, thrift stores, sales of any kind, and my own ideas. i might splurge from time to time on a nice piece of furniture, but i'm getting married in september -- funds are low. moreover, i received my first sewing machine a few months ago as a graduation present, so i'm teaching myself to sew. if you didn't know, there is a serious lack of sewing blogs. there are a few, but i don't want to read about grandma's sewing (although vintage patterns can be quite amazing), i want real craft mafia type of stuff!

so welcome to HOME AID. i'd like to post about housewares, sewing, and since my fiance is a graphic designer, anything that has to do with indie design.

i think this is going to be fun. . .

No comments: